Monday, June 29, 2009

Slowness. It's good for you.

The mantra of most of my telling these days, both proffesional and private, are revolving around parenthood and how it affects you. I think it is a shame not to learn and be inspired in such a blessed period of my life.
The other day I remembered a talk Carl Honore gave at the TED conference a few years ago about slowness and how storytelling to his own child helped him slow down.
TED, by the way, is a invitation only conference that are caring enough to give us mortals access to the presentations on video via the web. There are a huge archive over at TED with superb speakers.
But right now, set aside 20 minutes and hear why slow can be good for you by Mr. Honore.



Personally, I still have some steps to take before I can say that I have mastered slowness, but you will never get there if you don't start trying. Feel free to join the movement.

No comments: